Aug 25, 2007

Sedona Rouge Mac+Cheese


Sedona Rouge Mac and Cheese

Serves 6-8

4 cups milk
1 white onion
1 bay leaf
1 clove
4 oz butter
4 oz flour
12 oz sharp Cheddar Cheese
6 oz white Cheddar Cheese
1 lb cooked Macaroni

Bring milk with onion piquet(pin the bay leaf with a clove on half the onion) to a simmer and then lower heat

Combine butter and flour and cook until mixture becomes blonde in color and has a nutty aroma

Slowly wisk the roux (step 2 above) into the milk and simmer while stirring on low heat for 20 minutes

Strain through a fine mesh strainer

Place sauce back in a pan and add cooked Macaroni

Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, add cheese, season with salt and pepper(I love a little nutmeg myself)

Pour mixture in skillet and lightly dust with bread crumbs, then bake until lightly browned in a 375 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes

Add ham or chorizo if desired and adjust creaminess of dish to your liking by adding more milk or cream

I likey

1 comment:

Mick Aguilera said...

Okay, now I am really finding culinary heaven on your blog........you had me at "Sedona," and I be lovin' me some Mac + Cheese. You're the best!