Feb 16, 2008

Fennel and Carrot Slaw with Olive Dressing


Fennel and Carrot Slaw with Olive Dressing

2 medium fennel bulbs with fronds

5 carrots, coarsely grated

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1/4 cup Spanish green olives, pitted and finely chopped

6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and very thinly sliced

2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley

Preparation

Chop enough fennel fronds to measure 3 tablespoons and reserve. Discard remaining fronds and stalks. Cut bulbs into thin matchsticks and toss with carrots in a bowl.


Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, oil, olives and salt to taste and toss with vegetables. Chill, covered, at least 30 minutes (for flavors to develop).

Just before serving, stir in reserved fronds and sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes and parsley over slaw.


I love this salad!!!

3 comments:

mustardseed said...

Hi Aaron, where are you from? I have no idea, cause your food posts talk about stuff from EVEYWHERE!

Nice stuff, you can visit my blog too, I'm from Singapore and I cook vegan. I don't know as much about all the different ingredients(wish I did) like you, but I love learning more, and I dream of writing a really good cookbook.

Meanwhile, I cook and bake during my spare time, I'm only 14 so I weekends are the only time I've got!

If you're from Singapore, where can you get sundried tomatoes? I'm clueless.

mustardseed said...

Oh you can link me, or get me at melissatsang@hotmail.com

Happy new year, by the way!

Aaron said...

Hi there
I am from the USA
Thanks for your note
I would say that you should dry your own tomatoes!

Cheers
A