Jun 17, 2009

Hummus from Barefoot Contessa Cookbook

Very Easy Hummus from Barefoot Contessa Cookbook

Ingredients

4 garlic cloves

2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved

1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt

1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)

6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)

2 tablespoons water or liquid from the chickpeas

8 dashes hot sauce


Directions
Turn on the food processor fitted with the steel blade and drop the garlic down the feed tube; process until it's minced. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Taste, for seasoning, and serve chilled or at room temperature.

Copyright, 1999, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, All rights reserved


Aaron’s update:

I do one can chickpeas and instead of the second can I use one cup cooked edamame beans

I like to add the zest from the lemon’s before I juice them

I like to add chipotle sauce or chili as a variant

No comments: